Thursday, May 31, 2007

Help out a double good cause

there is this wonderful knitter in Canada, Dorothy, whose flock I was in for ISE4. She is walking on June 8th and 9th as part of the Relay for Life, a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society. She set up a fundraising blog and is hoping to raise $2,000 for this very deserving cause by the time of the race.
I encourage you to hop on over and see if you can help out at all. Even small amounts help!

To add to the incentive, she has prizes that she will raffle between all who donate (they're all fibery and gorgeous!).

So here's the first good cause. Go and help to find a cure to cancer and make treatment accessible to those who need it -- and possibly win some knitterly bliss.

But, there is a second good cause. See, the situtation is this, when Dorothy came up with her fundraising goal, the Husband laughed at her for aiming at such a pie in the sky number. Now she is calling on all knitters to prove him wrong.

Wouldn't it be something if we could help show him not to underestimate the Wife -- and how wonderful the knitting community really is... ;) He will publicly apologize on her blog if she reaches her goal.

I did my part, but now I just found out that she is also selling flower seeds and stitchmarkers that a friend donated to benefit the cause. I may just have to go back there...

I hope she makes her goal. Wish I could get some goodies from her bake sale this weekend, too...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said...

I would love to have been able to go to the bake sale, and I hope that she made lots of ££££££££££££ ( my computer doesn't have dollar signs ) , I make it my goal to raise as much as I can for the air ambucopter , we live near the coast and it passes over our house at least once, if not twice every weekend, all I can do is pray for the poor soul on board and raise money to keep it in the air ....

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home